Tuesday 13 December 2011

Macbeth Journal Entry No.5

Dear Journal,

   I cannot believe what I have done. All my life I have been serving and respecting the King. I owe it to my country to serve in his honour, yet tonight I betrayed myself and my country. What hath gotten into my soul. What cruel, in just person had become of me? I do not understand how I have become such a demon. The very thing I swore to never become has become my own self. He lay there as an innocent calf. I plunged into him like a sword piercing through his flesh. I can remember the whole process. The warmth of his blood dripping down my arm. I kept on stabbing until finally, I could feel his heart beat no more. What are my hands? Will all of the seas in the world not wash away the blood stained on my skin? There is no going back, what is done, is done. Fear me not, self. I am acting as the better part of us.

-Macbeth

EQ: How far is one willing to "go" to get what they desire most?
-Macbeth talks about his experience as a killer, and the moments that will haunt him forever. He shows he was willing to throw away all his humanity, for his self gains.

No comments:

Post a Comment