Tuesday 13 December 2011

Macbeth Journal Entry No.6

Dear Journal,

   I do not understand health. Why am I suffering from nightmares? Why am I unable to sleep at night? Where has my appetite gone? As ruler and King, I can have the best cut meat in all state, yet I do not have the hunger of a growing teenager. Tonight was the banquet, I needed to stay sharp and seem like a man with a grip in his new life. My friends suspect nothing of me; I am like an eagle in the sky, unnoticeable by the naked eye. I have not yet received word from the murderers; however I am sure they are en route in killing Banquo. I have managed to send another murderer, just in case the worst happens. My loyalty to Banquo has faded; he is no longer an ally, but an enemy. I told my lady I had a plan for actions to take place, she did not seem very happy with me. Lately I've been noticing that she hasn't been having the greatest sleep either. Perhaps when all things cool off, we will live life and prosper.

-Macbeth

EQ: What could destroy or build a person's self worth?
Macbeth is trying to build more confidence and self woth by killing Banquo, the only one left in his way. Perhaps because Macbeth suspects Banquo suspects he murdered the King. Or he does not wish to loose this newly gained throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment