Wednesday 14 December 2011

Macbeth Journal Entry No.8

Dear Journal,

   I fear this may be the last time I write in you. We are now living at Dunsinane Castle; it is on a hill which makes it easier to defend. The doctor says my wife is no longer in a stable condition. She is suicidal, and there is nothing that we can do for her. How did all of this happen? My wife is losing her mind, and I am slowly beginning to lose mine. Everyone has deserted me, except for those who I am forcing to stay. The witches told me that until Birnam Wood moves to Dunsinane I will not be defeated. In addition, no man born of woman may harm me. I must keep this valuable information close to my heart. For it is the only piece left in me that keeps me going. Life is but too short. Out, brief candle. Life is a tale told by an insane person, and in the end, it will have no meaning. I am chained, but I must fight to the last drop of blood in me.

-Macbeth

EQ:Is ones self worth constant or ever changing?
Througout the story, we see Macbeth's self worth fluctuate. Near the end of his life, he begins to realize that all he has done has no meaning. He will not be remembed for anything but the bad. He wishes and regrets all the things he has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment